Wholesale Lumber Broker
- Grow your business with customers and mills throughout North America
- Build long-lasting partnerships
- Develop markets for suppliers and seek products for customers
- Pursue innovative opportunities for new products and market niche
Tampa International Forest Products is always looking for new talent to join our company. We offer a dynamic work environment with unrivaled growth opportunity. Our internship will expose students to the commodity trading industry. They will focus on multiple departments and segments of our company, developing an invaluable understanding of domestic and international trade. Specific projects include but are not limited to:
- Logistics and supply chain
- Information technology
- Credit and supporting functions
- Market segmentation and strategy
Physical Inventory Coordinator
Work effectively with the Traders and the Reloads/Warehouses to coordinate the incoming receipts and outgoing shipments of import and domestic inventory. Work cooperatively with all department personnel at TIFP to ensure a proactive and efficient management approach to the inventory supply chain.
- Notify the reload facility or warehouse of incoming truck or rail car or container.
- Compile information on receipt of material and enter data into the Sales Assist Tag Inventory program to compute inventory balance, price, and cost.
- Compare inventory data to office records and/or compute figures from records such as sales orders, production records, or purchase invoices to obtain current inventory.
- Reconcile monthly the inventory at each inventory location by comparing the inventory records received from each reload facility against the month end inventory detail. Discrepancies are to be reconciled timely.
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant information to all internal and external parties involved in the inventory supply chain.
Truck Database Project Coordinator, Temporary Position
Work effectively with the Controllers and the Truck Review Committee to execute the Truck Database Project. Communicate with Carriers and Brokers and work cooperatively with all parties to successfully complete the set up packet to qualify each Carrier and Broker in the Consolidated Truck Database.
- Direct, organize, and control project activities under the direction of the Controller.
- Communicate with carriers and brokers to send out the Carrier/Broker Set up Packet to the appropriate decision maker for execution.
- Review thoroughly contracts and supporting documents that are returned to ensure there are no edits and all requirements for qualification have been met.
- Communicate exceptions to the Truck Review Committee for review and approval.
Recognized leader in North America
Annually we ship over 15,000 orders of trucks and rail cars. Since 1976 we have been recognized as one of the premier companies to work for in the forest products industry. Apply or call today and find out what our industry has to offer.